A collection of stories and pictures of our sweet Jessica

Help find a cure for Pulmonary Hypertension!

Help Cure PH Heart November is Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness Month. Pulmonary hypertension is high blood pressure between the heart and the lungs. Because its symptoms are similar to asthma, it is often misdiagnosed, or undiagnosed. PH is deadly and incurable, but new treatments and new research are creating hope. Find out what you can do to help support PH Association, please click on the purple heart.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Sis!

Today is Jessie's birthday.... it has been a very emotional day for all of us! I know how much everyone misses her. Although it's been a rough day, it's been wonderful to once again read all of the beautiful things that people have to say about Jess. A lot of her friends and family are on facebook so we got to read their comments there. I've said it before and I'll say again...Jessie has the most AMAZING friends ever! Seriously you guys are some of the most wonderful human beings I've ever known. I didn't think it was possible for anyone else's heart to hurt the way ours and her parents do without her here, but she has so many friends that feel the same way we do. Jessie truly touched so many lives and seeing and hearing that from all of you is such a compliment to her. I remember the last words Jessie said to me; I was running to the store for something and she was in and out of conciousness (it was 2 days before she died). I wanted to tell her that I'd be right back in case she woke up and realized I was gone, so I leaned down and kissed her on the cheek and said "I'll be right back, I love you sessy." Her eyes opened and she gave me a smile and puckered her lips at me to kiss me back. So I said "love you long time....long time," (this is just a silly thing we like to say) and she giggled a little and whispered "long time." Those were the last words she spoke to me, and I am glad that they were so sweet. I'll always have that memory of her puckering up her lips to blow a kiss to me. Thank you again everyone for being a part of Jessies life, and a part of ours. We enjoy spending time with her friends so much! We don't make it to the "friday night borders group" as often as we would like too, but the times we have gone mean more to us then you'll ever know. Here is more cute pictures of Jess and her fancy birthday cakes mom used to always make.
- Jenny






This is Jess and her dad walking together, I'd like to think that's what they are doing once again!

This is Jess and Grampa Porter, who she is also once again with in heaven.




This is Jess and Grampa Enlow, who is also happy to have her with him again.

You know I gotta say I'm jealous that they get to hug you everyday now Jess, and I don't!


No comments:

Post a Comment